The oils, when inhaled, go directly to the central brain which coordinates the memory of stored emotions. The oils also go directly to muscles, tissues and organs throughout the body where emotions can also be stored in the cellular memory. Essential oils can penetrate cellular membranes and release these forgotten emotions. In many instances, receivers have some sort of emotional response, whether it be a memory of a good time or a bad time that can be a necessary and beneficial healing process.
HOW AND WHY ESSENTIAL OILS FACILITATE EMOTIONAL RELEASE
1. Essential oils are extracts from the natural juices of plants that circulate through the leaves, stems, roots, and flowers that constitute their lifeblood.
2. The molecules of essential oils are small enough to circulate through human tissue bringing nutrients to the cells and carrying waste products out of the cells.
3. Essential oils also carry electrons and oxygen into human tissue.
4. Essential oils also carry coded information that can be translated by cellular DNA and which can be of great therapeutic benefit to people-physical, mental and emotional.
5. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different compounds found in Essential oil molecules each with an affinity for certain cells of the human body.
6. In addition to the electrical nature of the body by which it functions, the intracellular communication system of the human body also consists of thousands of compounds (called ligands) manufactured within the cells and sent out as messages and messengers to other cells in other parts of the body.
7. The information carrying molecules (ligands) include peptides, neurotransmitters, steroids, and hormones. The varieties number in the tens of thousands. Peptides are composed of amino acids of which there are twenty known. Peptides consist of chains of amino acids. Consider the amino acids as an alphabet of twenty characters that can form an unlimited variety of words (ligands) by which cells send messages between themselves.
8. On the surface of all cells are thousands of receptor sites, each designed to accept only certain types of ligands and to reject the rest. At the same time the organs send out vibratory messages that attract or draw appropriate ligands to themselves. This is how a ligand released by one set of cells finds its way to the specific cells of the organ or tissue that was intended by the cells sending the message.
9. This is how a ligand, like insulin, can circulate throughout one's body and yet only be picked up by the cells that need the information that it carries.
10. In one sense, ligands are like keys that fit only certain locks (specific receptor sites). Ligands of the right shape (molecular structure) are accepted by cells with matching receptor sites (matching locks) while ligands of another shape are rejected (the key doesn't fit).
11. The molecules of essential oils are like enzymes, hormones, vitamins, and ligands. They carry information that is pertinent only to the cells with the receptor sites able to accept that specific ligand.
12. Hence, some oil molecules gravitate to muscle tissue, others to nerves, others still to the digestive system, and others to the heart, etc., each administering benefits, including the removal of toxins and the opening of emotionally stored memory in the DNA.
13. Not only can oils help release cellular memories stored anywhere in the body, depending on the oils applied, they also directly stimulate the limbic system or emotional brain, which is in the center of our heads.
14. Our eyes, ears, tongue and sense of touch are all wired so that their messages pass to the brain via the reasoning cortex first. The nose, however, is wired differently. It connects directly with the limbic brain such that one's response to an aroma is going to be emotional before it can be rational.
15. Therefore, because inhaled oils directly affect the emotional seat in our brains where traumatic memories are often stored and because oils can release cellular memories stored anywhere in the body, they can be of great value in helping us clear ourselves from the unconscious, hidden emotional patterns that can control our lives and hold us back from the full manifestation of our potential.